Just In Time For The Weekend

So here we are.
The weekend.

I can still remember when weekends started on Thursday and didn't end until....well, sometimes they didn't end - they just started again on Thursday.  In past few days I written about how I struggle from time to time and, for today, I can say that TODAY wasn't a day I have struggled.  Yet.  I still could.  But if I do I can just go to bed now and it be somewhat normal.  I mean, doesn't everyone periodically go to bed at 8:00? 

What I *have* been doing for the past few days is searching back through blogs that are reflective of time in sobriety.  Reading posts that remind me how grateful I am of what I have now and about how everyone struggles at times.  Doesn't make you different.  Or bad.  It makes you HUMAN.

One of the blogs I've been reading is Sober Girl.  Sober Girl is primarily a blog of inspirational sayings and thoughts.  (And as a side note - if you had told me a few years ago that I would be querying through inspirational sayings and thoughts I would have told you that you had lost your mind.  But I digress.  Progress folks.. Progress.)  The one that is standing out right now for me is the entry from June 24 - Forgiving Myself.  I still need to remember to give myself a break from time to time.  To remember to forgive myself while I am in the process of forgiving everyone else for everything else and to remember that there isn't a one to one forgive you, forgive me that I'm trying to get to so that I am absolved of what I have done in the past. 

Will I never *not* be that person?
Will I *ever* not be a writer who has run on sentences and someone who is a comma addict?
Ever?

But, for today, I'm in a good place.  Right now I'm sitting here with my mini me watching the Good Night Show and Caillou is on.  Now, I won't go as far as to say that I'm actually HAPPY about watching Caillou but I will say I sure am happy that I have the chance.
xoxo, sober mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment